Maurice White
1941 - 2016
Please take a moment to tell us what Maurice White meant to you.
  • Raymond Griffin | Dec 6, 2019 at 8:24 am

As a young man in high school “1977-1979” it was Earth Wind & Fire that kept me reaching and searching for answer’s and truth. But the founder kept me holding on no matter what happened! Maurice White taught me and inspired me to to keep “Happy Feelings”, not just on the inside but outside as well. He explained how it shows up ” On your Face” he help me to understand that Love truly is written “In the Stone” and all that God has loved me through, Mr. White help me understand “That’s the Way of the World” because of him I was a part of the group Mind, Body & Soul. Wanting to be just like the late Great Maurice White!!! Thank you so much for your life, your words, music and legacy will stay with me forever and I’ll always “Be Ever Wonderful”
    LOVE YOU SIR! RIP

• Priscilla Rancier | Dec 15, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Maurice to me was soul and life! We miss you!

• Toni Johnson | Jan 2, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Loved, loved, loved Maurice White and EWF from my late teens to now in my mid-60’s. As a minister, I could still listen to their soulful sounds and not feel guilty. When I heard him singing “Eternal Life” with Donnie Hawkins, I knew he had tapped into the real Answer! Though I still feel sad at his passing, I believe his to be a life well-lived, and his gift to the world, his music with EWF will live on, passed from generation to generation! Rest in Heaven, Maurice!

• Richard Drayton | Jan 27, 2020 at 8:27 pm

I have seen and heard people claiming to be the biggest ewf fan but truth is I am (in my opinion) the…biggest fan ever. In the mid 70’s (at age 15) I entered a yoga program. I learned much about life but felt I needed constant spiritual guidance. This came in the form of Earth Wind & Fire and especially Maurice White. The fact that Maurice aka avatar-guru delivered guidance via his inspiration. I enrolled at the Chicago Conservatory in 1977 as Maurice did earlier. I enrolled as a percussionist (conga drum). I have played them for many years and become quite proficient. I know the words 99% of all ewf songs. I sing falsetto and baritone I sing ewf songs everyday. My wife constantly says the band is missing a member. I do a mean Maurice White and Phillip Bailey. Maurice White’s vision songs and lyrics has guided my entire existence to date. I often cry cause he passed before I met him and cry cause I feel I may pass before meeting any of them. I still cry for Maurice (MOE). If anyone deserves a place in heaven it is him. In closing, I must ask. Was the Band at an early stage called “Brothers of Distinction “ ?..Love you MOE. You will live on in my heart when I sing your songs and play the Conga Drums…..EVERYDAY…!

• Rhonda Pigford | Feb 1, 2020 at 2:00 am

Shine on…fly high with the eagles, guide us all to be Shining Star.
    RIP

• K Cross | Feb 2, 2020 at 10:17 pm

My first encounter with EWF was when I was 13 years old, in Colorado Springs and listening to music with my first girlfriend. Reasons was playing on the radio and I thought I would be in love for ever with that you lady. Thank you Maurice for the many years of great music and inspiration. Have always been can will continue to be one your greatest fans. Love from the heart Earth Wind And Fire.

• Ronald L. Sr. Higgins | Feb 13, 2020 at 7:37 am

My Uncle Short (Alfred Dixon Jr.) introduced me to EWF by giving me the Open Our Eyes album back in 1974. This band has been a very intimate part of my life every since, I’ve seen them in concert 7 times. First time was in 1977 in Madison Sq Garden with the Emotions prior to me going into the Marine Corps. In the late 80’s, they came to Okinawa Japan, and put on a 2 day show (FREE)!! I happened to see Maurice White walking back from Gate 2 street (Kadena AFB) with his production manager I think. I managed to get out of my vehicle and speak to him briefly and shake his hand and get his autograph which I still have to this day. I found Maurice to be unpretentious and spiritually grounded. Earth Wind & Fire is a very Spiritually uplifting group and has stood the test of time, my Mother would LOVE their music because of the message in the music. I LOVE ALL their songs, every one and whenever they are in New York, I go see them, I never get tired of listening to them. GOD BLESS ALL OF THE FORMER AND CURRENT BAND MEMBERS. Ronald L. Higgins Sr. Kingston, NY

1 12 13 14