Maurice White
1941 - 2016
Please take a moment to tell us what Maurice White meant to you.
  • Juanita Bridgeforth | Sep 23, 2021 at 3:25 pm

I remember the first time I went to a concert but EWF was the opening act in Nashville, TN. Had us going and if I not mistaken you were though but the crowd wanted more and you gave. I been in love with group ever since. Marice White what can I say. Every song and lyric he spoke was of love, peace, and well being. I am very thankful that you are continuing the group. My sister and I and a friend, and my six month old baby boy (I didn’t have anyone to keep him) and I remember Verdine playing the drums and he was lifted up in the air and a big cloud of smoke came and Lord have mercy he was playing the bass guitar. So I Juanita Bridgeforth and my sister Connie Brown will be at the October 17 concert. It been so long. oh, bye the way my son is 46 now. God bless you Earth, Wind and Fire. You are a shinning star.

• Kevin Paige | Sep 30, 2021 at 9:12 pm

What’s that indescribable thing about an Earth, Wind & Fire record? The secret ingredient was something that Maurice White knew how to do better than anyone else. Maurice knew how to put “love” on tape. You can’t teach it, you can’t imitate it, you can’t force it, but you know when it’s there, because the music fills your heart. Thank you Maurice. As a child, I would stare at the speakers, mesmerized by the magical love that was coming out of the speakers and permeating my heart. The arrangements kept me spellbound. You not only taught me everything I needed to know about music, you shown a light in my heart that would be an addiction that I would pursue for a lifetime. The pursuit of all things love and light. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I’m forever grateful for your contribution to humanity. Your music literally makes the world a better place.

• Janet Robinson | Oct 13, 2021 at 6:06 am

My first concert was at 17. I’m loving the new EWF lineup. “Every Now and Then” a tribute to Maurice White. How we miss his iconic voice. Looking to hear these EWF songs in concert “Guiding Lights, Sign On, My Promise, Love is Law. ” Wonderland, Why, Never. Sooooo many hits we love almost 50 years later! Love you EWF! Gob bless.

• Frank Otis Reeder | Oct 29, 2021 at 4:28 am

His vision of coming together in LOVE is and should be a universal message. Thank you Reese for your contributions!!!

• Cathy Ware | Apr 6, 2022 at 9:35 am

Maurice was love.

• Lisa Ryan | May 7, 2022 at 7:40 pm

Saw Earth, Wind and Fire last night in Illinois. Pure JOY—such a small word but huge concept. Audience members laughing and smiling with their entire souls!
    Thank you Earth, Wind and Fire for such a gift to the world. Your music is transcendent—everything else disappears and you’re transported to a place of sheer joy. Maurice White succeeded in his vision to gift the world with something spiritual and joyful.
    Every song in the concert made me realize how much positive energy your music has brought to my life for decades. It was an honor to share that joy with the audience! You have made history and we love you!

• Gina | May 13, 2022 at 8:01 pm

It was a blessing to hear Maurice and the musicians in the Band. He will be missed, but his Spirit lives on and The memories he helped create are Timeless reminding us to be forever young with happiness and love. Thank you, Peace and Love, Gina from Maryland

• Francine Page | Jul 17, 2022 at 11:44 am

So glad to be part of the EWF, Fire Nation global family.
    EWF